1) Harmful Effects of High Energy Blue Light
| || |
● Disrupts the Circadian Rhythm
● Higher risk of certain types of cancer
● Higher risk of Diabetes, Heart Disease & Obesity
● Aggravates Depression
● May induce Myopia
● May induce/aggravate Age Related Macular degeneration & even irreversible vision loss
● Digital Eye Strain Syndrome, Blurry Vision, Aesthanopic & Orthopaedic symptoms
● Suppresses Melatonin –the sleep inducing hormone, thus reducing the ability to sleep
2)Why we need the blue cut lens?
The most common effects of too much blue light exposure are eye strain, blurred vision, and headaches. However, recent studies have focused on blue light’s negative impact on the circadian rhythm and found that watching TV or using a tablet before bedtime, for example, can result in restlessness and disrupted sleep cycles. In extreme cases, too much blue light exposure can even lead to permanent eye damage and vision loss.
Children are especially vulnerable because their eyes have not yet developed natural defenses against UV and HEV blue light. Today, a staggering 97 percent of American kids under the age of four use mobile devices, and teens are spending an average of 6.5 hours per day on screens. Now that kids are using more digital devices at home and school starting at a young age, it’s important to protect their eyes as much as possible.
1. The definition of photochromic lens
Photochromic lenses, often called transitions or reactolights, darken to a sunglasses tint when exposed to sunlight, or U/V ultraviolet, and return to a clear state when indoors, away from U/V light.
Photochromic lenses are made of many lens materials including plastic, glass or polycarbonate. They are typically used as sunglasses that conveniently switch from a clear lens indoors, to a sunglasses depth tint when outdoors, and vice versa.
2. Outstanding Color Performance
Fast speed of changing, from white to dark and vice versa.
Perfectly clear indoors and at night, adapting spontaneously to varying light conditions.
Very deep color after change, the deepest color can be up to 75~85%.
Excellent color consistency before and after change.
3. UV Protection
Perfect blockage of harmful solar rays and 100% UVA & UVB.