1.56 semi finished single vision lens
NK55, imported from Japan
1. The definition and production of semi-finished lenses
Semi-finished lens is the raw blank used to produce the most individualized RX lens according to thepatient's prescription. Different prescription powers request for different semi-finished lens types or base curves.
The semi-finished lenses are produced in a casting process. Here, liquid monomers are first poured into moulds. Various substances are added to the monomers, e.g. initiators and UV absorbers. The initiator triggers a chemical reaction that leads to hardening or "curing" of the lens, while the UV absorber increases the UV absorption of the lenses and prevents yellowing.
2. Minus and plus semi-finished lenses
Lenses with different dioptric powers can be made from one semi-finished lens. The curvature of the front and back surfaces indicates whether the lens will have a plus or minus power.
1. Aogang Middle Index 1.56 series lens represents the thinnest plus power lenses, give your frame what it really needs!
2. Lenses with a 1.56 index are considered the most cost effective lens on the market. They possess 100% UV protection and are 22% thinner than CR39 lenses.
3. 1.56 lenses can cut to fit the frames perfectly, and these lenses with knife edge finishing would suit those irregular frame sizes (small or large) and would make any pair of glasses look thinner than ordinary.
4. 1.56 single vision lenses have higher Abbe value, can offer wearers excellent wearing comfort.